Thursday 24 November 2011

THE GOOD SHEPHERD

                                                                                                                        
 Oh, Lord, when I’m not sure which way to go,
Good Shepherd, from temptation rescue me;
Your will may not be mine, but make it so,
However challenging your will may be.
Impatient as I am, teach me to wait
In peace and silence; teach me to be still,
To trust in you to so direct my fate,
That I may ever joy to do your will.
Keep me within your flock, let me not stray,
Yes, *“Keep me as the apple of your eye,”
Oh, God of David, steer me in your way,
Even if in loud protest I should cry.
Good Shepherd, pour your mercy upon me,
I am a sinner, Jesus.  Set me free.
                                                                         
                                                                                  R B    
                (*Psalm 17)                                               Written on the feast of Christ the King  2011 


Our thanks to Ros for allowing our blog to have the privilege of being the first to publish this fine sonnet.

No comments: