Thursday 1 December 2011

NO POSSIBILITY OF TAKING A WALK THAT DAY


There were varying degrees of concentration on the faces of members of the the Friendship Club and parishioners who were watching Jane Eyre at the Malthouse Theatre in the Lymington Community Centre last Wednesday Afternoon.    We were all very well behaved, and nobody booed when we found that the story had been changed to give us a happy ending so we couldn't have a good weep afterwards.

 







                                                                                             photo by Frances                                                  
                            
After it was over we had a cup of tea and a chat, and it was a truth universally acknowledged that watching the film of an early romantic novel was a very good way of spending an afternoon.


  Altogether twenty-six of us went, thanks to Clare's making all the arrangements, purchasing a block of seats,  and undertaking the task of selling them all.



Den and Frances had prepared refreshments for us, and they made sure that everyone had a second cuppa. 





photo by Den

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Great blog and outstanding style and design.

Gigi said...

I thought Jane Eyre already had the classic happy-ever-after ending! Although I haven't seen the 2011 remake: I'm sure even Charlotte Bronte wouldn't dare argue with a bit of poetic licence being taken for the wellbeing of the indomitable OLMSJ community. What a lovely way to spend a winter afternoon. (If the Community Centre ever plans to show Vincente Minelli's classic "Gigi", please can I come? I promise not to sing or throw popcorn).