Wednesday 25 May 2011

LYMINGTON'S NEW COMMUNICANTS INSPIRE US


Here are the group who made their first Holy Communion at Lymington last Saturday waiting in the Parish Rooms a few minutes before the beginning of Mass. They lined up neatly without a fuss, then quietly filed into the church and took their seats. When the wonderful moment arrived to receive Our Blessed Lord in the Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist they came forward as sensibly and as soberly as the adult communicants who followed them. 


At the end of Mass Fr Danny gave presents to each communicant, and there was also a bouquet and thank-you balloon for each of the four adults: Cathy, Becky, Sr Veronica and Sr Julia who had instructed them so well since last October. Nobody could fail to be impressed by the devout way these youngsters comported themselves.


Then the photocalls, which they coped with very well, despite all the flashes and being called from different parts of the church at the same time.
 


 
 In the Parish Rooms afterwards, the cake awaits. They certainly deserve that, and our warmest congratulations. Throughout the Mass they had conducted themselves in a way which made us proud to be fellow parishioners of theirs. May Our Blessed Lord be allowed to visit them regularly.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Gorgeous photos; they all look so beautifully turned out,very aware and contented; a tribute to the devoted care and work of Cathy, Becky, Sr Veronica and Sr Julia. I made my First Communion four months after my seventh birthday, around the time I wanted to be Jane, married to Tarzan of The Jungle. I know the exact date because I have the picture card given to me by Sr Marie Therese, who instructed me. I can't tell you anything about her other than she wore glasses, coughed a lot, and was wonderful. I adored her, which says it all really. I remember the day as a lovely celebration. I'm sure you've all made it really special for these children. (I haven't made it to the jungle yet 'though).