Thursday 29 September 2011

OUR NEW HEAD DESCRIBES HER CAREER


We asked Mrs Kirstie Richards to tell us more about herself.   This is her reply:
I was originally a secondary history teacher at Hamble Secondary School and thoroughly enjoyed this as history is my passion.  The reason I moved to primary teaching was because I decided to find out how to teach children to read and write as there were a number of children who could not do this when they reached secondary education.  
I made the move in 2001 and taught at Weston Park Infant School in Southampton where I realised I loved teaching children to read and write.  
I then moved to Springhill Catholic Primary School in Southampton where I taught for a couple of years until I became Deputy at North Baddesley Infant School.  
I stayed at North Baddesley for 5 years and I am now really excited about the opportunity to lead Our Lady and St Joseph Catholic Primary School.  It is a beautiful school with lovely children and a wonderful, supportive and hard working staff team.  
 We wish all success to Kirstie Richards and the staff of Our Lady and St Joseph School.

No comments: