Thursday 20 September 2012

OUR LADY OF SORROWS - September 15th



Jesus, my son what have they done to you?
This is the sword of sorrow spoken of,
Which now has pierced my grieving heart clean through
Knowing you bore this agony for love.
I hear you beg forgiveness for the crowd,
Hear you cry out in deep despair and fear,
And in my grief my heart cries out aloud,
That God has not forsaken you, He’s here.
Although you hang there like some common thief,
I am your Mother and you are His son,
And though this passion is beyond belief,
You and I know that You and He are one.
Jesus, my Son, would I could be with You,
My love is yours, my broken heart is too.

                                                                           Ros Browne

Thanks, Ros, for this fine sonnet specially written for last Saturday’s memorial.    

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Ros - you speak for all of us - Thank you